Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's begining to look alot like ChRiStMaS!






We made it! We are all done with finals and have started our Christmas vacation. I guess I should tell you what's been going on the past few weeks. We actually just moved in to the married student housing. Our new apartment just seems so BIG! At least compared to our last place. We now have 2 bedrooms, a stove & oven, and a bathroom that includes a sink. I now have 4 burners, not just 1 hot plate. Aaron even found a free 37 inch t.v. on craigslist! I doubted it at first... it really did seem way to good to be true, but it's actually really nice. There is a catch though. Sometimes it starts up right away... and other times it can take up to 10 min. But hey, it was free and you can't beat that. We're just lucky we even got to move. There was alot of flooding a few days before we were suppose to move. All but our house got flooded. Our neighbors swing set was practically under water. It was crazy. It dried up just in time for us to move... although it did rain the whole time we were moving our things. So then we were all set to go to Washington for Christmas. We were on our way and almost to the airport when my dad called. I told him we were leaving at 5:10 p.m. and would be arriving at 10:00 p.m. in Seattle. Can you see the problem with this. When you take into account that the flight is at least 5 1/2 hours long and with the time difference and everything, the math didn't quite work out. That's when I decided to double check what time our flight was suppose to leave. My heart pretty much stopped as I looked at the paper and then at the clock. It was already 3:30 and our flight had left at 2:10. Great... what were we going to do now. I just couldn't believe that I had gotten the time wrong. What an idiot I can be sometimes. So we caught the next flight out at 10:30 p.m. The trip was much much longer than we had anticipated. Aaron assured me that everything was fine as long as we had each other. :) Once we got to Washington, we were surprised to see tons of snow on the ground. It finally started to feel like Christmas. Hawaii just doesn't cut it for the holidays. We have had so much fun enjoying the snow here sledding and making snowmen. It looks like we really are going to have a white Christmas this year!