Thursday, November 27, 2008

Golf.


Aaron started his new job at Turtle Bay Golf just a few weeks ago. Lucky for us, we get all the FREE golf we want. Little did I know that this would entail Aaron wanting to go golfing ALL the time. I have really had no choice but to try it out. The farthest I have made it has been to the driving range. Although I have hit a few balls on the course, I prefer to be Aaron's "Cady". I just can't seem to hit the ball on my first swing. It generally takes me about 3 or 4 times before I can actually hit the ball... and then all I get from Aaron is… "Are you being serious right now?" Then I sarcastically say back… "No Aaron... I want to miss the ball on purpose." Thanks for that comment Aaron. Sorry that this is only my SECOND time golfing. I really wish I could do better, but running is my thing... not golfing. Besides, I get bored after about the 4th hole, but just at about this same time, the refreshment cart comes along and I treat myself with a few chocolate chip cookies, which my husband can't eat since he's a diabetic. Oh well. I need something to tide me over for the next 5 hours while Aaron hits more than one ball at the T (more like 5) so that he can practice different shots. Its more like we're playing with 5 other golfers. Golf is a long long game... and it's even longer when he plays it this way. By the time we get to the 18th hole, i'm ready to stop playing golf and I never want to go back... but somehow I find myself at the exact same place on Aaron's next day off!