Sunday, November 16, 2008

Washington & California

Aaron had gone home for the spring and summer semesters, while I had planned on staying in Hawaii for spring and summer. We did manage to plan a trip to see each other in June. Aaron had actually come up to Washington for the weekend while I was visiting my family, and then I went to California for a week after that. When Aaron was up in Washington, we ran a 5K race with my mom and sisters, I showed him Deception Pass Bridge, and took him to Seattle. While I was visiting Aaron in California, he had planned something fun to do for everyday that I was there. Disneyland was the best! Since Aaron only lives 15 minutes from there, we got to go twice that week. The summer firework show was awesome! Aarons grandparents live on Balboa Penninsula, so we would ride our beach cruisers to the ferry, and then rode to their house. It was right on the beach. Aaron introduced me to the beach game SmAsHbAlL. You have two paddles and hit a ball back and forth. We got 100 hits that week. Later on our honeymoon though, we made 500 hits. We spent alot of time at the beach. Going to Rosarito Mexico was one of my favorite days. It takes about an hour and a half to get down there from where Aaron lives. We have a friend named Pam who lives there and she invited us to come down and hang out. She lives right on the ocean. One of my favorite parts about going to Mexico was hearing Aaron talk in spanish. Since I was there for the 4th of July, we went to a family friends house who lived in the Hills of Newport. Aaron's mom was actually a nurse for Clint who lives there. We could see almost every firework show because we were so high up. The week went by way too fast. I did not want to leave, but I had to go back to Hawaii. I had planned to be an EFY counselor and my little sister was coming out for it. It hadn't even been a week that I had been home before we decided that we wanted to spend the rest of the summer together. After EFY was over, I went right back to California...